Our team of experts has evaluated the resources available on the topic of lowering interior toxins in living spaces. Below is a compiled list.
We have vetted thousands of products for residential projects. We recognize the following building and home furnishing manufacturers for outstanding performance in the Natural, Sustainable, and Responsible categories of the WWYW program.
Kährs Flooring | Sustainable | WWYW Certified Product
Armstrong Flooring | Responsible
CertainTeed | Responsible
Kohler | Responsible
TruStile | Responsible
The Source H20 |Responsible
TERM Sustainable Pest Barrier | Sustainable
Bunakara | Natural
Lee Industries | Sustainable
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams | Responsible
Norwalk Furniture | Responsible
Nuevo | Sustainable
Palecek | Sustainable
Robin Wade Furniture | Sustainable
Surya | Sustainable
Are you looking for a home or building expert that can guide you in creating a healthy home?
Wellness Within Your Walls Certified Professionals
Get connected with important relevant information in the areas we study, whether they are generated by WWYW, the media, our partners or other related sources.
WWYW Research & Development
WWYW Healthy Living System Overview
WWYW Toxins Sheet
Health and Wellness Organizations
British Research Establishment (BRE)
Cradle to Cradle
Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Global Organic Textile Standard
Healthy Building Science
National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
Sustainable Furnishings Council
The Prince’s Foundation
UL Environment Greenguard
U.S. Green Building Council (LEED)
- How An Interior Designer Is Working To Rid Buildings Of Dangerous Air Toxins – Thirteen years ago, interior designer Jillian Pritchard Cooke was working on the first LEED-for-home house in Atlanta. For the uninitiated, LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is a green building designation supported by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- 6 Nursery-Decorating Mistakes to Avoid for your Baby’s Health – Are you expecting? Need to know how to design a healthy space for your little babushka? Our founder, Jillian Pritchard Cooke, was interviewed for top tips by House Beautiful.
- Clearing the Indoor Air – Making homes healthier: Jillian Pritchard Cooke knows that firsthand. A successful interior designer focused on sustainability, Cooke was working on a prestigious project in 2006 when she had a serious health scare.
- Nirvana: There’s an Amenity for That – Luxury developers are touting wellness real estate, offering private and communal spaces for meditation and yoga
- Sustainability Essentials: Reducing Harmful Toxins in the Home and Combating the Tight Box Syndrome – In this webinar presented by the Sustainable Furnishings Council, WWYW founder Jillian Pritchard Cooke shares with the audience how the Tight Box Syndrome contributes to unhealthy living environments. Learn how to identify, avoid and off-gas harmful toxins responsibly.
- SFC Next—Creating a Home that is Healthy, Non-Toxic and Resource Efficient – WWYW founder joins other industry experts in a discussion on designing a space that allows you and your family to live your best lives.
- Toxic Free Talk Radio: Wellness Within Your Walls—Outgassing and Air Quality – WWYW’s Jillian Pritchard Cooke discusses indoor air quality and WWYW with Toxic Free Talk Radio founder Debra Lynn Dadd