At WWYW, we believe education is the key to reducing toxins in interior environments. We offer a range of educational opportunities focused on how to make responsible decisions before, during, and even after the design and build process.
Course Info & Curriculum
Course Info. We offer a four-course educational series, focusing on the WWYW categories and their role in reducing toxins in interior environments. The WWYW courses are approved through IDCEC for both ASID and IIDA Health and Safety Continuing Education Credits: .1 credit per class and .4 credits for the complete series. Successfully completing the four-course series and passing the WWYW Test achieves certification.
Curriculum. We begin by dividing our approach into three categories: Natural, Sustainable, and Responsible. These categories are the underlying structure for understanding complex and continually evolving information. From there, we teach how to develop a wellness-focused approach to interiors. Topics covered include:
- Taking a natural, sustainable, and responsible approach to a non-toxic interior environment
- The importance of clear and accurate labeling in building and home furnishing products
- The tight box syndrome created by energy efficiency
- The typical chemicals and processes in home furnishing and building products
- Inspiring examples of natural, sustainable and responsible interiors
- Not all natural materials are healthy
- The role of cottage industries in the global supply chain
- The latest sustainability trends and innovations
- The crucial role of recycling, refurbishing and up-cycling
- How to best manage chemicals and processes that are part of the home furnishings and building industries
- Which chemicals are harmless, which need careful consideration, and which should be completely avoided
- The role of systems, including ventilation, water filtration, solar, geothermal, and radiant heating
- The role of responsible choices through all phases of the design and build process.
- Measurement tools and their role in creating and maintaining a healthy
- The crucial role of off-gassing
- The role of project management and scheduling
- The role of third-party testing
- The role of homeowners in keeping the interior healthy
When and where?
Check our calendar for upcoming sessions, or contact us for more information.
Our courses can also be fully customized. We can tailor our courses to your audience, whether industry conferences, company specific presentations or community organizations. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about bringing our curriculum to your location.
Take the First Step
Find out how Wellness Within Your Walls can improve the health of your life or your business.
- Learn where WWYW CEU credits are offered in your area.
- Understand how to meet your health and safety course requirements.
- Earn your WWYW designation and promote yourself and your business.
- Combat the Tight Box Syndrome by reducing harmful toxins.
- Gain WWYW approved product licensing and help your business meet consumer demand.
- Add the WWYW logo to your healthy home products, or look for it on other healthy home products to better understand which products are certified to our measures.
Contact a WWYW consultant to discuss how to better promote your business.